Friday, October 10, 2008

Finally some pics and other shit.

So I've been looking around the internet for inspiration and direction. I've realized that if I want these things to look the way I want, I may need to make molds of this stuff. [I would like to make a large crochet wire drapery.. hopefully it will look chainlinked. I would like to hang locks from the drapery. Some locks would be open some closed, some open with a key in them and some on the ground broken and shattered. I would like this piece to insinuate the action of making new relationships and "unlocking" the person the lock would represent or symbolize relationships that have yet to be made and others that have fallen apart. It would be nice to have something behind the tapestery on the wall that the viewer would see through it. I dunno what that could be.] SO, in order to make these locks quickly and accurately I think i'm going to need to make molds of them. I would like to use older looking padlocks and keys for aesthetic effect. I think I could make a double sided press mold for these, atleast with the keys I could. Guess it would depend on the size of the lock if I could make the press mold for it. hmm... anyways what do yall think about that? 

I found this artist @ Keiko Gallery.
His name is Yamanaka Kazuko and his tapestry is sort of what inpsired me for this piece. 



-I also think I need to buy one of these medical hearts and make a mold of it too. Thats gonna be a hardcore mold though. Wowie. 

-This is the lock I was thinking about purchasing to mold. Its really cheap (only 5 bucks with free shipping) and its plain and simple. Would a press mold work for the padlock, Leandra?

-I just thought this was cool. I definitely want to include some blood in my suspension piece. And it will be blood in a good way not in a terrible horror movie way either. 


1 comment:

Candice Czyrnik said...

Ok, so in "special" people language explain in detail how I can put pics up. Thnx!!